A weight training exercise that focuses on your calves, and the only equipment you will need is an Olympic bar. The exercise helps to strengthen and define the calf muscles, whilst stretching them at the same time. The fact that the bar is on the shoulders enables you to increase the load, but make sure your abdominals are engaged throughout the exercise.
- Triceps Surae
- Place the bar on the trapezius behind the head.
- Place hands near shoulders with elbows bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Place the tips of the feet on a step with the heels on the ground.
- Keep the back straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Elevate the heels as high as possible.
- Return heels to starting position.
Always keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the shoulder blades tight. Never rest the bar on the neck. Never lock the knees. Keep the weight on the base of the the big toe.