This bodybuilding exercise works the calves. The necessary equipment is a step or a staircase and a dumbbell. It helps to strengthen and refine the calves. You should tighten your abs while exercising. It allows you to stretch your calves. It can be completed at home or in the gym.
- Triceps Surae
- Place the tip of a foot on a step and the heel on the ground.
- Place other foot behind the ankle of the foot on the step.
- Hold a dumbbell in the hand on the side of the placed foot.
- Keep balance by placing a hand on a stabilizer.
- Keep the back straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Elevate the heel as far as possible.
- Return heel to starting position.
Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the knees. Keep weight on the base of the big toe.