This strength training exercise works your abductor muscles. You will need a low pulley machine, which is found in a weight training room in the gym. This exercise will strengthen your buttocks, firm up the side of your hips and trim fat from your lovehandles. The exercise using the abduction machine is similar to this one. By using the pulley on the cable machine, you have constant resistance throughout the movement. This means you have to work harder, thus have better results.
- Gluteus maximus
- Gluteus medius
- Install the pulley at its lowest level.
- Stand up next to the machine with body straight.
- Attach the strap to the ankle of the exterior leg.
- Bring leg with strap in front of stabilizing leg.
- Put on hand on the machine.
- Keep the back straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Pull legs outwards as far as possible without bending the knees.
Keep the abdominals contracted. Never tip the pelvis over on its side. Keep the middle of the kneecap of the supporting leg aligned with the 2nd toe.