Low pulley single-hip flexion is an exercise which solicits the hip flexors, more particularly the iliac psoas. It can be used as a rehabilitation exercise for an injury, but also to tone the targeted region. You need a training pulley to do the exercice.
- Hip Flexors
- Place the pulley at its lowest level.
- Place the top of the back against the machine with the body straight.
- Attach the strap to the ankle and lightly lift up towards the back.
- Keep the free leg vertical with its knee slightly bent.
- Place hands on a stabilizer.
- Keep back straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep head aligned with torso.
- Pull legs towards the front as far as possible without bending the knee.
Never arc the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the knees.