This muscle building exercise targets the quadriceps. You will need the equipment in a weight training room, such as the leg extension machine. The exercise will particularly help build muscle mass and strength in the quads, as the movement isolates these muscle. Combine the leg extension with squats and lunges in a workout.
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Sit on the machine with back against the rest and adjust the machine so that the knees can move freely.
- Adjust the roller in front of the ankles.
- Hold the handles firmly.
- Keep the back straight.
- Pull the shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Extend legs fully.
- Keep legs and buttocks on the seat.
Always keep back in a neutral position. Keep the abdominals contracted. Do not flex the knees more than 90 degrees. Never lock the knees.