- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Place the feet at shoulder width.
- Place the hands on the hips.
- Keep the back straight.
- Pull the shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Place one foot forward with the toes pointing forward.
- Keep the knees aligned.
- Bend the knees until the back leg is parallel with the floor.
- Lift the heel of the back foot.
- Push with the front leg to return to the starting position.
- Push with the heel of the front foot.
Always look forward. Never curve the back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never let the knee of the front foot pass the toes. Keep the middle of the front kneecap aligned with the 2nd toe. Never lock the knees. Keep the weight on the heel of the front foot.