- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Hold the bar with a wide grip.
- Bring the barbell over the head with arms extended.
- Avoid stress on wrists.
- Place the feet at shoulder width.
- Keep the back straight.
- Keep the knees slightly bent.
- Suck in the stomach and tighten the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Bend the hips and knees.
- Keep the knees forward while lowering.
- Lean the torso slightly forward.
- Push with the heels.
Always look forward. Keep the back as straight as possible. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the shoulders tightened. Keep the arms perpendicular to the ground. Never let the knees pass the toes. Keep the middle of the knee caps in line with the 2nd toe. Never lock the knees. Always keep the bar above the feet.