- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Place the bar on the trapezius behind head.
- Place the hands near the shoulders with the elbows a 90 degree angles.
- Place the feet at shoulder width.
- Keep the back straight.
- Keep the knees slightly bent.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Bend the hips and knees until the legs are parallel to the floor.
- Keep the knees aligned with the big toes.
- Lean the torso slightly forward.
- Push with the heels.
Always look forward. Never curve the lower back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the shoulders tightened. Never rest the bar on the neck. Never let the knees pass the toes. Keep the middle of the knee caps aligned with 2nd toe. Never lock the knees. Always keep the bar above the feet.