A bodybuilding exercise that focuses on the quadriceps, the glutes, and the muscles that support the hips and pelvis. It can be done in your living room or in a gym because it does not require any gym equipment. The exercise can aid in losing 'saddlebags' and 'lovehandles', and will also tone the buttocks. It is a perfect exercise to do if you are new to squats, as you are able to safely learn the technique.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Place the feet at shoulder width.
- Keep the back straight.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Cross the arms at shoulder level.
- Keep the head straight.
- The knees should not pass the front of toes.
- Bend with the hips and knees.
- Keep the knees aligned with the big toes.
- Lean the torso slightly forward.
- Push with the heels.
Always look forward. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the back as straight as possible. Never let the knees pass the toes. Keep the middle of the knee caps aligned with the 2nd toe. Never lock the knees.