This muscle building exercise targets the quads, the gluteal muscles, and the muscles around the hips and pelvis. The only gym equipment you will need is a Swiss ball or a large ball, and it can be done either at your house or in a gym. The exercise can aid the loss of fat around the hips and behind, and will also tone the glutes. This is an ideal exercise for a beginner and will help you to become comfortable with the squatting technique.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Place a ball between the wall and the back.
- Place the feet at shoulder width.
- Keep the back straight against ball.
- Suck in the stomach and contract abdominals.
- Cross the arms at shoulder height.
- The Knees should not pass toes.
- Roll the ball along the back.
- Keep the knees aligned with the big toes.
- Bend the knees to make a 90 degree angle.
- Push with the heels to return to the starting position.
Always look forward. Never curve the lower back. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never let the knees pass the front of the toes. Keep the middle of the knee caps aligned with the 2nd toe. Never lock the knees.