This bodybuilding exercise works the quadriceps, the glutes, the hip muscles, and the pelvic muscles. There is no gym equipment required to perform this exercise, and it can be done at home or in a fitness center. It can help trim fat around the hips and buttocks, whilst strengthening the glutes. Make sure the abdominals are contracted throughout the movement and ensure that you hold the same stance during the exercise.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Press the back against the wall.
- Place the feet at shoulder width.
- Bend the knees to form a 90 degree angle.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Cross the arms at shoulder height.
- Hold the position.
- Keep balance on the heels of the feet.
Never curve the back. Always keep the abdominals contracted. Never let the knees pass the front of toes. Keep the middle of the knee caps in line with the 2nd toe.