If you have a jump box, you can do this strength training exercise at home. Otherwise any training facility will have a plyometric box. Targeting the quadriceps and the gluteal muscles, this exercise helps to gain power and build endurance, and is often used in CrossFit workouts.
- Gluteus maximus
- Quadriceps Femoris
- Step onto the box with one foot, knee behind toes and weight on the heel.
- Place one foot on the box.
- By bending your other hip and knee, place your other foot onto the box.
- Come back to the initial position.
- To facilitate thrusting, use one arm by flexing your shoulder.
Keep your knees aligned with your toes. Your back knee does not touch the ground. Keep an adequate lumbar curve. Look forwards all throughout the movement.