This stretching involves the external rotators of the shoulder such as the small circle and the infraspinatus. It is important to breathe in well and breathe out during the movement. The exercise does not require any material apart from a wall and it can be done at home or in the training room. The rotator cuff is an area at risk of injury. It is therefore important to properly stretch the muscles making up this cap after the targeted workouts. It is often prescribed to people working on a computer.
- Shoulder External Rotators
- Keep the arm extended horizontally with the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Place the back of the wrist on a door frame.
- Keep the back straight.
- Keep the head aligned with the body.
- Attempt to move the body forward while keeping the arm in the same position.
The elbow must never lower past the shoulder. Remember to stretch the other side.