This stretch involves the internal rotators of the shoulder such as the subscapularis. It is important to breathe in well and breathe out during the movement. The exercise does not require any equipment apart from a stick and it can be done at home or in the training room. The rotator cuff is an area at risk of injury. It is therefore important to properly stretch the muscles making up this cap after the targeted workouts. The stick allows a deeper stretch.
- Pectoralis Major
- Keep the arm horizontal wit the the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle while holding a stick.
- The stick must pass over the arm.
- Hold the other end of the stick with the other hand, making sure the stick passes under the arm.
- Keep the back straight.
- Keep the head aligned with the body.
- Pull forward with the other hand.
The elbow must never lower past the shoulder. Remember to stretch the other side.