This bodybuilding exercise focuses on working the shoulders and the back, with an emphasis on the posterior deltoids. The equipment required for this exercise is a Swiss ball and dumbbells, and if you have those, you can do it at home. Otherwise, any fitness center will have them. By performing this exercise, your balance will improve because your stabilizer muscles have been developed. You will also see and feel increased muscle tone and strength.
- Biceps Brachii
- Lower Trapezius
- Teres Major
- Lay face down with the arms along the sides of the ball.
- Place the feet at shoulder width with the toes against the floor.
- Tighten the abdominals and lumbar region.
- Hold the weights with the hands without touching them to the ground.
- Lift the arm until it is parallel to the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
Do not look up. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the wrists straight.