Your pectoral and deltoid muscles will be targeted with this strength building exercise. Doing this exercise will help develop the serratus and the latissimus dorsi muscles, whilst stretching the rib cage. It will also improve your balance by strengthening your stabilizer muscles and increasing muscle tone. You can do this exercise in your living room or at a fitness center, and a Swiss ball and free weights are required.
- Serratus Anterior
- Biceps Brachii
- Transversus Abdominis
- Lay back down on the floor with the head against the floor.
- Place the feet at shoulder width with the knees bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Press with the heels.
- Keep the buttocks and lumbar region tightened.
- Extend the arms.
- Push the weight over the chest.
- Lower the arms parallel to the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Never lock the elbows.