Your delts, triceps and trapezius muscles are the focus for this strength training exercise. You will need a training pulley at the gym. The exercise does help to build muscle mass, whilst firming up the shoulders, and trimming fat in the arms. You can also do this movement with the rope on a cable machine.
- Install a triceps bar at the lowest level of the pulley.
- Stand in front of the pulley with the torso straight.
- Place the legs at pelvis width.
- Keep the knees lightly bent.
- Hold the bar with the palm of the hand facing down.
- Hold th bar in front of the legs with the arms extended.
- Pull the shoulders lightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Pull the bar to shoulder height while keeping the elbows pointing out.
- Move the bar along the body.
- Keep the elbows slightly higher than the wrists.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the shoulder back. Never lock the knees.