- Stand with the feet at shoulder width.
- Hold the weights with the thumbs pointing in.
- Hold the weights in front of the legs with the arms extended.
- Keep the back straight and the knees lightly bent.
- Pull the shoulders lightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Keep the head straight.
- Lift the weights to shoulder level with the elbows pointing out.
- Move the weights along the body.
- Keep the elbows slightly above the wrists.
Keep the head aligned with the body. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the shoulder back. Never lock the knees.