The biceps are the targeted muscles in this bodybuilding exercise. An Olympic bar is required for this exercise, but it can be done anywhere, at home or at a fitness center. Your arms will be strengthened in this exercise, and you will gain muscle mass.
- Biceps Brachii
- Hold the bar with the palm of the hand facing up with a grip a little wider than shoulder width.
- Keep the arms close to the body and lightly press the bar against the thighs.
- Place the feet at shoulder width.
- Keep the knees slightly bent.
- Keep the back and head straight.
- Pull the shoulders slightly back.
- Suck in the stomach and contract the abdominals.
- Bend the elbows to bring the bar to the top of the chest.
- Do not bend the wrists.
- Avoid swinging the body.
Do not tilt the head. Keep the back straight. Keep the abdominals contracted. Keep the wrists straight. Never lock the knees.